Pastor Phone

Pastor Norlyn Bartens (618) 553-9932
graceneligh@gmail.com
Worship times: Sundays at 10:30 a.m. Saturday Evening before 1st and 3rd Sunday at 6:00 p.m. Sunday School at 9:30 a.m.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Prepare for Wednesday - March 7

Prepare for Wednesday


Naboth's Vineyard 1 Kings 21:1-16

From the Catechism

What is the Seventh Commandment?
You shall not steal.
What does this mean?
We should fear and love God so that we do not take our neighbor’s money or possessions, or get them in any dishonest way, but help him to improve and protect his possessions and income.

For self-examination*
+ Have I been lazy at work, doing poor work in school or at the job, or working hard only when the boss was around?
+ Have I been stingy in paying my workers?
+ Have I worked for myself, rather than for Christ and for the benefit of my neighbor?
+ Have I cared for the property in the neighborhood, school, or church, so that it was improved?
+ Have I stolen from the office, from school, or the church, or stood silently by while others took what was not theirs?
+ Have I wasted time and food and money, or caused others to waste time and money by my neglect?
+ Have I been greedy when it comes to returning to the Lord a generous portion of my money as a thankoffering?
+ Have I stolen from my neighbor when I did not help him in time of his need?

*Questions from Lutheran Service Book Pastoral Care Companion, p. 657ff

No comments:

Post a Comment