Pastor Phone

Pastor Norlyn Bartens (618) 553-9932
graceneligh@gmail.com
Worship times: Sundays at 10:30 a.m. Saturday Evening before 1st and 3rd Sunday at 6:00 p.m. Sunday School at 9:30 a.m.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Prepare for Wednesday - March 21

Prepare for Wednesday





From the Catechism
What is the Fifth Commandment?
You shall not murder.
What does this mean?
We should fear and love God so that we do not hurt or harm our neighbor in his body, but help and support him in every physical need.

For self-examination*
+ Have I treated my neighbor’s body and life as great gifts of God to him?
+ Have I “killed” my neighbor with violent actions, hurtful words, or murdered him with thoughts of anger, contempt, or hatred?
+Have I “killed” my neighbor with ridicule, neglecting to feed or clothe him, withholding compassion and comfort from him?
+ Have I avoided giving help to my neighbor or getting involved with him in his difficulty?
+ Do I abuse my own body with neglect of health care, excess use of food, drink, tobacco, or drugs?
+ Do I abuse my own body and life with contempt an disgust, withdrawing it from service to my neighbor?

*Questions from Lutheran Service Book Pastoral Care Companion, p. 657ff

No comments:

Post a Comment