Pastor Phone

Pastor Norlyn Bartens (618) 553-9932
graceneligh@gmail.com
Worship times: Sundays at 10:30 a.m. Saturday Evening before 1st and 3rd Sunday at 6:00 p.m. Sunday School at 9:30 a.m.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Prepare for Thursday - April 5

Questions in preparation for Thursday's Service



What is the Third Commandment?
Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy.
What does this mean?
We should fear and love God so that we do not despise preaching and His Word, but hold it sacred and gladly hear and learn it.

For self-examination*
+ Do I strive to make the day of rest holy, that is, set apart for God?  Do I care about holy living?
+ Do I use the Word of God and prayer to make my time, work, study, and life holy day by day?
+ Do I read the Bible each day, alone or with my family?  Am I lazy and bored with the Word of God?  Have I any fear of God over this neglect?
+ Do I honor the Word of God highly by studying it gladly, learning it by heart, and living it?  Do I despise the Word of God by neglect, paying no attention to it when it is read or preached?
+ Do I love my fellow Christians by being present with them in worship to sustain them?  Am I quick to make excuses for neglecting worship because of what someone else has said or done, or to do other things I like more?
+ Do I spend time complaining about the worship and the other people?  Do I learn the Word of God gladly so I may teach it to others?

*Questions from Lutheran Service Book Pastoral Care Companion, p. 657ff

No comments:

Post a Comment