Pastor Phone

Pastor Norlyn Bartens (618) 553-9932
graceneligh@gmail.com
Worship times: Sundays at 10:30 a.m. Saturday Evening before 1st and 3rd Sunday at 6:00 p.m. Sunday School at 9:30 a.m.

Monday, May 9, 2011

Letter from future Vicar Murray

Dear people of Grace and Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Chruches,


     It is with great joy and excitement that I write to you today.  I am greatly honored to accept placement as your vicar for this coming year.  I look forward to arriving in Nebraska this August, and getting to know all of you.
     I guess you all would like to know a little about me.  I'm a second year seminarian (although that goes somewhat without saying) at Concordia Theological Seminary, Ft. Wayne, IN.  I grew up in the suburbs west of Detroit, MI.  I did my undergraduate studies at Concordia University,  Ann Arbor, where I was in the pre-seminary program, and majored in theater.  
     I've got an older brother who works as a software engineer in Ann Arbor, MI.  
     I've been in touch with Andy and Renae Richard (friends of mine) as well as a number native Nebraskan students here at the seminary, and I've been hearing all sorts of good things about Elgin and Neligh.  I can't wait to get out there and see it all for myself!


Yours in Christ,
Dan Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment